Sweet & Sour

It’s midnight, 10 June 2021

Living this pandemic era. Lockdown, mask, sanitizer, SOP, quarantine, swab test are the things that we hear all over the news, for the entire world. All we need now is this covid thing to be deleted entirely and we can be free again, in a world that gathering is not selfish and being positive is not a bad thing at all. I believe the world can do this.❤️🤞🏻

In normal days, i would go out tonight, it’s wednesday, ladies night. 🍺

The last time I’m at a crowded place drinking and dancing was like last year december I guess. And I kinda missing that vibes. All fun, no worries, the next day just back to work as usual and repeat. 

But here I am, thinking to myself about lot of things because I can’t sleep and I remember I have this to write on whenever I’m being overthinking. Back then, we can have all the worries in the world and drink it off during happy hours and moved on. But not now, there’s too much alone time, which is different, might be in a good way. We can do self care, focus on the goodness in our life, reflecting on what we actually want, appreciate more on what we have now - living the moment because life’s too short and fragile. But this covid thing is making us leaving the physical world and plugged on - I guess just a little too much on socmed. Right ? 

It is now officially a digital world. Everyone is crazy over tiktok, everyday we are updating fb and ig and honestly it does quite entertaining during this covid period. 

But I miss the real moments, the real fun, talking to real people or strangers in real life. But life has changed.

A lot of things has changed. Working pressure is different, surrounded by different friends, life has become so ordinary than ever. I don’t know how to say this but despite all the restrictions and stuffs during the lockdown, last year was a total crazy for me. Crazy in a good way I would say. And this year, everything is different but seems to fall into perfect place. How it should be. I thought that whatever that falls apart is bad but actually it did brings me calm & peace. And I thought that what I had was everything until there’s nothing left, only memories. Beautiful memories. Great lessons.

Everyone has their own timeline, we might sometimes compare it with others and feel bad about what we can’t achieve. But all we have to do, or think about is what actually makes “YOU” happy. No need to feel the heat just because someone your age is already a manager, your close friends are all getting hitched, everyone is having babies/bigger car/houses and your colleagues at higher rank than you. Work on your own pace and everything will turn out great. 

Maybe 2 or 3 years from now, I would read through this post and think to myself “what a year” (if only I remember what I actually means) 😂

Well, this is about living life to the fullest - everything about decisions, options, choices in friendship, relationship, work & regret. We will regret anyway, choose the regret that we glad we did instead of thinking of the “what if”.

This life is full of sweet & sour, a little bit salty sometimes but that is what make it a total delicious. 🥂

Emma | 2021 🍁







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I could work from home, I would